Tulip Tree Allele to the Mertz Library
Country Living RiGHT HERE!
In the BRONX!!
So beautiful, so sunny & best of all so FREE!! One of my favorite words. :O)
Doesn’t the Library look like an old Plantation House? In a good way . :O)
OH what a delight to wall up the lush, deep and rich green grass up through the Tree to the Library.
It was my, Gone with the Wind Moment, here in my own front yard of the Bronx, all right here at,
The New York Botanical Garden in The Bronx, NYC
Founded in 1891!
eight years before the Bronx Zoo which is next door & over 250 Arches away!
Come with me on my tour of this Historic Landmark with collections comprising more than one million living plants, The Bronx River, trees, and fruit and sculpture, OH MY!!
What a treat!
- First to the Farmer Market @ the foot of the Library
- The Farmers Market is Open on Wednesday from 10AM to 3PM
- Onward!!! To the Tram! Although I could walk the over the 250 Arches of forest, hills and waterfalls I thought the Tram was a smart option. Made so pleasurable by my beautiful tour guide that gave me a delightful education!
- Through the Forest
- So Exciting!!! Dr. Seuss Trees! :O)
- Around the Corner to the Moore Sculptures!! Henry Moore (1898-1986) is one of the world’s best know & most beloved 20th-century sculptors know for his large-scale abstract creations. ONLY UNTIL NOVEMBER 2nd 2008! SO HURRY!!! :O)
- To the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden!!! Right now we are slightly in between high season but my beautiful guide told me The Rose Garden reblooms in the Fall! Closed from November thru April
Give me that SUN!!!
- Awww!!! It looks like a wedding in here!!!
YAY!!! The Ruth Rea Howell Family Garden
A Garden created by Children!! So sit under the Giant Squash Terrace!! It
There has to be Orange Daisies in a Children's Garden
I think I'll take the Lord of the Rings River Home.
ShoUT OuT to WisDoM!!!
“Wise people’s houses are full of the best foods & olive oil,
but fools waste everything they have.”
Have a beautiful sunny day!!